Student/Mentor Session: So, you want to work with wolves…!
Join us Thursday October 13, 2022 at 3 p.m. for a panel discussion aimed at informing undergraduate and graduate students about career opportunities involving wolves or other wildlife. This session is included in the registration fee.
The panel will:
- Explore potential career paths for students who want to work with wolves.
- Describe current occupations and opportunities that include working with wolves.
- Provide an opportunity for students to ask questions.
- Moderator: Dick Thiel
- Tom Gable – Research/Academics
- Regina Mossotti – Captive Wolf Management/Advocacy NGO’s
- Diane Boyd – Wildlife Agencies/Management
- Greg Breining – Science Writing
- Describe their current work as it relates to wolves.
- Discuss their education backgrounds and their career paths.
- Talk about what motivates them, what they value most about their work, and what challenges they face.
In a second round, panelists will be asked to respond to the following questions:
- What is your specific area of interest regarding wolves and other wildlife?
- What careers/jobs are available to accommodate this interest?
- Did you ever consider a wildlife career that did not involve working specifically with wolves?
- What personal and academic preparations are necessary for working in your chosen vocation?